ENROLL IN OUR COURSES
Today’s Best Practices In Ethics and Professional BoundariesOGIS201, Duration: 8 Hours
Welcome to our On-Going In-Service Training & Certification Continuum.
Today’s Best Practices In Ethics and Professional Boundaries is an in-service course featured in our On-Going In-Service Training Series. These in-service sessions pick up where the preservice and on-boarding training leaves off, expanding on a wide range of topics and techniques covered during preservice.
Today’s Best Practices In Ethics and Professional Boundaries is a value-based brand of competency-based training that is designed to transition and sharpen your T-BACK$™ –Thinking, Behavior, Attitude, Communication, Knowledge and $kills to achieve the following course objectives.
AT THE END OF THIS TRAINING YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Acquire a working understanding of the Boundary/Ethics Formula in order to reduce their own violation potential for ethical, boundary, and policy transgressions.
- Express why and how healthcare professionals are held accountable for adhering to standards of practice, codes of ethics, and state statutes.
- Discuss attributes and behaviors that constitute professionalism in the context of health care, and identify specific lapses in their own professionalism.
- Explain how professional problems evolve, employing the model of a continuum of boundary impingements.
- Express how professional lapses can adversely affect clinical judgment and cause a range of other impacts and harms.
- Describe the components of the Boundary Formula™ and apply them to their own violation potential and, if applicable, their infraction.
- Create and implement a Personalized Protection Plan that includes strategies, safeguards, and systems to reduce the risk of relapse and improve accountability.
- Detect early warning signs of professional problems in themselves and others in order to reduce the risk of future violations.
Our one-of-a-kind health care leadership training integrates business management learning with real world health challenges that impact healthier outcomes in four areas: People, culture, community health and fiscal performance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- All health care professionals – clinical and non clinical job titles.
- CEOs and other C suite executives from clinics, health plans, hospitals and other health care settings.
- Department heads Nurse and Physician managers and supervisors.
- Interdisciplinary care team members including behavior health workers Any individual seeking employment in the health care field.
- Nursing and medical students who are either in school, residency or employment.
- Existing health care professionals schooled in a volume-based fee-for-service model of care who lack value-based T-BACK$™.
- Community stakeholders.
- CME, CNE and CE Approved Training.
- Certificate of Completion from The Institute of Value-Based Health Care Credentialing Inc.
- Credit Towards Credentialing As A Certified Value-Based Health Care Professional.
- Continental Breakfast & Hot Lunch.
- A 10% Discount on Next Training Course
PLEASE NOTE: For training taking place at our location – One World Trade Center, we limit class size to ten (10) people to optimize deep personal learning.
If you or an organization would like to reserve training in groups of ten (10), we can accommodate your request. We can customized the presentation specific to your organizational needs. We can also conduct training at your site if it is more convenient for you or your staff, provided we have a minimum of ten people attending.